Dothan Redevelopment District
Eligibility Requirements and Incentives
Read the following information carefully and initial where indicated! Submit this entire form. Complete each section.
Note: Incentives are available to any qualified project as described below. Approval by the Downtown Group is not required although this organization is a ready source of information and support that applicant’s should consult early and often.
- The project must be located within the confines of the Dothan Redevelopment District to include West to Lena Street, East to Range Street/Railroad Line, North to Newton Street/Powell Street, and South to Crawford Street as recognized by the City of Dothan.
- A qualified project is one that is tied to the creation/retention of jobs/business within the Redevelopment District, where demolition landfill incentives, reduction of business licenses, and waiver of construction permit fees would add to the viability of retained or expanded employment base in the Redevelopment District. For projects that are tied to retention of jobs, stabilization of economic area, or mergers/acquisitions of on-going business concerns, said incentive will only apply for projects investing $25,000 or more including costs associated with land, building, renovations, and equipment cost, or five (5) jobs.
- Eligible projects must comply with applicable zoning, garner Historic Preservation Commission approval, and conform to any other local, state and federal laws governing said development.
- City Manager’s signature shall be required for final approval.
- For qualified projects in the Dothan Historic Redevelopment District, the said project will be eligible for a 50% reduction in landfill fees for demolition and construction materials. Prior to being approved, said project must submit a written cost estimate on proposed construction costs and landfill fees and submit it to the City of Dothan Planning office. Upon review and concurrence of eligibility, said project will be submitted to the Public Works Director for approval of the 50% reduction in landfill fees for said project. The 50% landfill fee reduction will apply only one time per owner and per qualified project for buildings located in the Dothan Redevelopment District.
- New and qualified projects located in the Dothan Redevelopment District will also be given a waiver on construction permit fees.
- For qualified projects, a 75% reduction of business license fees for the first year and 50% reduced license fees for the second year will be extended.
- For property owners undertaking façade and/or exterior renovations that will improve the aesthetics of an existing structure, the demolition landfill incentive and construction fee waiver will be applicable; however, the business license incentive will not apply.
CLICK here to: Open Incentive Packet